Monday, June 8, 2009

Cousin time

Lee was out of town this past weekend on a mountain biking trip to Moah, Utah, and Aaron and I stayed quite busy ourselves! Aaron got to have lots of cousin time with Brynn since Owen came home from the hospital and Tanya is still recovering from her c-section. I got a lot of great shots of them BOTH looking at the camera and smiling and just had to share them, since it is usually most impossible to do.....
Notice Aaron holding the baby above. Yeah, did I mention a LOT of cousin time with Brynn? Owen needs to grow up fast so they can play trucks together and do boy stuff. =)
They love to push each other around in this little doll stroller.... It is so cute because they take turns pushing and sitting.
I noticed this week that I had to play a little more of a referee role with them - Since they are both just weeks away from two, it is taking more training to not grab, hit, smother, annoy, pester, etc. It is so funny because when the one gets in trouble for the above, the other is immediately crushed and worried as he/she gets punished. Despite the inevitable bickering, there is a deep love growing between them. It has brought me so much joy to watch them grow up together and watch them in this friendship....
A shot of Aaron with Baby Owen - though Aaron looks angry/terrified he actually was smiling.


And lastly, speaking of being terrified, get ready for a scary picture - Lee decided to do this with his facial hair since he was headed out with the guys on his mountain bike trip.

Don't worry - this dirty 'stache will not be staying.... I'm pretty laidback and submissive, but this is where I put my foot down. =) Really though, we are happy to have him back and be together again! He had a great time with his friends and got lots of great bike riding in!

3 comments:

Tirsa Baker said...

Submissive is right!

Anonymous said...

There's just something about 'staches that says old man to me!! Maybe b/c my dad always had one!!

Kristie said...

This is great. I'm so glad that Aaron and Brynn (and Owen!) can grow up together like this. What a blessing for you all!

p.s. Way to put your foot down! =)