Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July


We had the awesome privilege of attending a local fire work show in Apache Junction (for you non-locals, a city of "interesting culture" that borders Mesa particularly close to our church). Before the show, they had a huge carnival-like time with games and blows up for kids, live band, and different booths to visit that advertised different companies. Our church got to do a booth and it was awesome to connect with the community.....

Throughout the evening, we handed out 2000 Otter Pops free to anyone who walked up! Okay, 1998 because Aaron ate two. Okay, I had one too - 1997....
I stole this pic of Aaron and his friend Charlotte from my friend Rilie as they entertained her baby, Ivy. I just thought it was cool and unique =)

We stayed up late afterward to watch the fireworks - Aaron loved the show and having his glow sticks to throw around....
One hilarious moment I have to share.... But let me precede it with the fact that Aaron has been noticing different skin tones in people, especially Hispanics as there are many here in AZ! As we were watching the show, Aaron asked who was making the fireworks. I told him it was some guys that were beyond the trees and we couldn't see them. He then followed up with "They Mexicans, Mama?" I have NO IDEA where this came from, seriously.

No comments: