Monday, February 6, 2012

Our Month

Can't believe my last blog post was about Christmas..... WOW. Well if you are on facebook or around us at all you know that pretty much our past month has been all about this....


Sorry for the disturbing picture. =) And if you didn't know our month was about this - Well the short story is Lee had a reconstruction surgery done on his knee called an "ACI." (You can read more about this procedure and his thoughts on his blog here: http://themilliondollarknee.blogspot.com/

It definitely has not been easy for any of us and we are looking forward to getting these weeks behind us. It is a long healing process and lots of rehab. We have been sooooo blessed by our families and our church family with a lot of help and support - I really can say that we would not make it without so many of you. God is being faithful to sustain and supply ALL of our needs!

So anyway, we won't beat that subject to death anymore. But this month was also stinky because we had to say goodbye to these people.....


I stole this picture off of their facebook as it is the first one I have seen of them in their new continent. My brother, Kyle, and his wife, Sarah, have departed from Arizona to be missionaries in Uganda, Africa. We are so proud of them and this venture they are taking, but we are so sad to be far away and will really miss them. I know the kids already miss them though Aaron doesn't like to always talk about it - When I brought it up one time and was displaying some of my own emotion, he changed the subject to the fact that his middle finger is the longest one on his hand and that that was the case with everyone's..... =)

Anyway, those have been the main points of the month. I hardly have had a moment's peace to take pictures, much less blog about them. But for those of you that just get on here to see the kids, I will comply.....

The day Lee came home from the hospital....

My pretty, happy girl....

With Daddy out of commission, that leaves haircuts up to Mommy. Which means a short buzz cut for Aaron because I don't quite trust myself with anything else....

We haven't gotten out much until this week.... We got to go to church and then last night, to Cold Stone.






Though it is a big ordeal for us to get out, it sure is a special treat. We are looking forward to being more "normal" as the weeks go by..... We have so much to be thankful and appreciative of, and we
have not lost sight of that.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting pictures we love to see how you guys are doing! We love you all and miss you!