Saturday, May 31, 2008

Heading out....

Tomorrow, we are heading out to Yosemite National Park, California! It is one of my favorite places and I haven't been since high school (which I had to double count, has been 12 YEARS - ouch!) and Lee has never been, so I'm excited for him to experience this place. We've been looking forward to this trip for quite awhile and hope it will be a fun and relaxing time with family. Of course, we are expecting that tent-camping with a crawling 10-month old boy will definitely be an interesting adventure - good thing Grandma and Grandpa are coming and sleeping right next to us with a decked out RV so we can have the option of showers, microwave popcorn, and a warm place for Aaron to sleep should it get too cold at night.
My favorite thing about Yosemite is a hike you can go on to the top Half Dome! Check it out....


I am hoping that weather, my weak chicken legs, and my dear mom taking care of my son, will permit me once again to trek up this grueling, yet amazing hike with my hubby. Check back in about a week and hopefully I will have our pictures up!

3 comments:

Emily said...

So excited for you guys!! Glad that you have a camper close by...last fall we did a camping trip with the youth and a couple of our leaders that had a year old baby came and it got really cold at night and she SCREAMED for over an hour! It was sad! Hopefully your experience with Aaron will be much better! Glad things are going so well for you guys!

Love you guys,

Emily

PS So jealous...I want to go camping there!!!

Bethany said...

You guys will have so much fun, thanks for the email! I KNOW you will make it to the top once again :) Can't wait to see the pics!

Sara said...

Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories when you get back, and I will give you some helpful hints on the upcoming plane ride...