Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Lee just returned home this weekend from a week-long mountain biking trip in Moab, Utah, so we were very glad to be together for Father's Day. Aaron gave Lee a new Notre Dame hat for his present.... =)
When it comes to raising a son, I am learning that having the right husband makes all the difference.... I am so grateful for Lee as my husband and Aaron's dad! Lee and I are also so grateful esp. on this day for our own fathers and what they have meant to both of us over the years....

We spent the day eating and relaxing with each other and my family - watching the US Open and the Celtics/Lakers game, swimming, laughing, did I mention eating? =) We never suffer of lack of food when we are all together.... Speaking of eating, Aaron and cousin Brynn got to have chicken nuggets for the first time today and they loved them!

Aren't they so cute? It's so fun to have them around the same age and watch them grow up....

Anyway, happy Father's Day! Thanks Lee for your unconditional love and all you do for me and Aaron. Thanks Dad-Bob and Dad-Tim for being fathers to us that TRULY reflect the love and grace of our Heavenly Father.

4 comments:

Wallace said...

ooh, i always get good ideas for food to give to wallace after reading what aaron's been eating! we haven't done chicken nuggets yet. mcdonald's here we come! (kidding).

the brauns said...

We miss you guys! Can't believe how big those babies are getting! Love you!

Unknown said...

Aaron is already exhibiting an impressive combination of wisdom and good taste--the ND hat is both edifying and attractive. You guys must be doing something right over there...=)

Tirsa Baker said...

I have to agree with your comment that having a great dad/husband makes all the difference in the world. I dont think I could have ever birthed a child without Brian there. Great husbands do make life wonderful.