Friday, February 27, 2009

Driving

Aaron loves to get in our cars and pretend to drive.... I have brought my Bible study or a book in there with him as he will actually stay occupied for a decent amount of time! Too bad when it gets hot enough this activity will no longer be a possibility....

Speaking of driving.... Sorry about the lack of posting this week - I have been uninspired and bummin' as I got in a car accident this week =( Here are my thoughts on it since some of you have been asking:

The good: No one was hurt at all. Not a scratch or a bruise - nothing. Because I did slam on my breaks as soon as I saw the inevitable, the impact was low enough that my air bags didn't even go off, and I wasn't even sore the next day. And the other party involved, a little old man, was super nice and very friendly. Also, because I was coming home from a bike ride, Aaron was not in the car with me.

The bad: I got a ticket. So between that and the insurance deductible, it is an expensive "whoops."

The ugly: I freakin' ran a red light!!!! So I feel really stupid about it because it was completely avoidable if my brain would have been engaged. Arg. I am still kicking myself that after 14+ years of driving without ever causing an accident, it has come down to this.
I guess considering what might have been, I got off pretty good and I am thankful that the Lord was watching out for me and rescued me from a far worse outcome. I am trying to maintain that perspective when I catch myself focusing on the negative things and learn what I can from this....
So that's all I have to say about that. The end. =)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The irony of the pic of Aaron driving and you getting in an accident. :) I am so sorry. I have been in an accident where it was my fault too and it is so embarrassing. I really beat myself up for a while. God knows what we are going to do before we even do it right? I'm thanking God that nobody was hurt. He is good!

Bethany said...

Sorry to hear about your accident Melissa, I'm so glad nobody was hurt. I still have flashbacks of my rollover 3 years ago with Eli in the car... all due to my over-correcting the wheel. I am so thankful we walked away from that with minor injuries, but to this day I will still have thought, "If only I had..." At least God above is looking out for us right??

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

Having been in several accidents I can relate to how you are feeling. Count your blessings. This is no big deal...it could have been.

Glad you are OK.

Mommy2five said...

Hey, I know you desire to be soooo much like me, but you do not have to copy everything I do! Just kidding! So sorry, and believe me I know how much it stinks to have an accident for the first time. Do they have a "club" meeting we can join together? Glad you are ok!

Kristie said...

Oh the trauma! It sounds like you have the right perspective on it. Time will heal your wound. Maybe in the meantime you can let Aaron do the driving. ;-)

Dana said...

what a clever woman you are- reading your Bible in the car while Aaron plays! nice! sorry about the accident- that can be really scary and irritating altogether- but you are safe thank you Lord! i think it was the Lord's way of telling you to forget mountain biking and put your running shoes back on =)
love ya!

the brauns said...

Glad you're okay! Let me know if you want any driving tips...I am the world's best driver in case you forgot!

Jeff

Amby said...

Yes... I'm so happy no one said it yet...

But this picture is so funny because it totally looks like one of the red light/speeding camera tickets you would get in the mail. I could totally have so much fun with this pic in photoshop. :D