Friday, February 20, 2009

Random Odds and Ends....

A few things of interest this week....

*Aaron seems a lot more interested in repeating various words to us and has added several words this week verbally (meaning he actually says them, not just knows what we are saying). Some of the new words this week: pasta, Tanya, leaf, night night, pee pee (Grandma Debbe bought him a potty training seat - though we are FAR from attempting this endeavor, we are trying to at least talk about it more) =)

*We tried peanut butter for the first time last week and as expected, a big hit and no allergic reaction which I am really grateful for. It's always nice to add new things to the food list...
*He insists upon climbing up in his own high chair AND buckling himself in without help- not sure how he figured out how to do it without pinching his fingers.

*He loves building and playing in a new "fort" with Daddy
*He and Cousin Brynn are really starting to get excited to see each other and even ask about each other when apart. Aaron always has lots of hugs and kisses for Brynn which she patiently puts up with. They seem to share pretty well together.... In fact today, while Brynn was in the police car, Aaron decided to get in too and she didn't protest and they happily sat together in it....
*Things are continually moving along with the impending Harvest church plant - be sure to check out Lee's blog at http://harvestccaz.org/blog/
*Last but not least (and most random of all) - I always thought that the expression of getting bugs in your teeth was simply just that, an expression for going super fast. I got to experience it in a literal way for the first time on the mountain bike trail this week when I rode through a swarm of gnats or something. Really, I had to pick them out of my teeth. Crazy!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I love your final note there. It reminds me of back in the day when I rode my bike to your house before school and I'd have gnats in my eyes (and probably in my mouth too.)That probably wasn't helping my "image" any. Ha! =)

Dana said...

aaron is getting so big- all these little things he is learning really make a difference as a mother- life starts to become a bit easier =)!! yay! lovely gnat story. gross!