Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two Weird Things

#1) Aaron finished cutting all his teeth several months ago EXCEPT for the left tooth that is right next to his front tooth. We kept waiting for it and waiting for it and the doctor even mentioned that maybe he was born without it. It decided to pop through finally just a few weeks ago, quickly followed by one of his two-year molars a week later???!!! How can you be late and early on teeth at the same time? (That's right - I've become that mom that thinks blogging about my kid's teething may be interesting to other people.)


#2) For some strange wonderful reason, Aaron has been sleeping in between 6:45-7:15am every morning for the past two weeks - SO MUCH better than seeing a 5 as a first number on the clock. In honor of this joyous occasion, I have decided to write a poem:

What a strange feeling it has been
To wake up and get out of bed
And find that you are still fast asleep
Oh I hope it's a habit you keep

I can actually take the time
to rub the sleep out of my eyes
Empty the dishwasher or get my Bible read
Before you begin calling "Mama" from your bed

To have some thoughts to myself
before grabbing Cheerios off the shelf
You are such a morning person, you see
And your mom, well, sometimes she is grumpy

I'm sure like all things good and bad
This too may pass and I will be sad
For now I will enjoy the fact you've overcome your sin
I love you Aaron, and PLEASE KEEP SLEEPING IN!

(I'm not superstitious, but this better not jinx it!!!)

8 comments:

Julie said...

I too think it is interesting to blog about children's teeth... what does this say about us? LOVe the poem! Write more of them! Won't it be great to read poems about Baby Aaron's antics when he is all grown up!

Tirsa Baker said...

I think you are great! As soon as I read that you wrote a poem I started laughing and shook my head for what was to come. I too would not like to see a 5 on my clock and hear my little guy awake. Do you think it is because his father gets up so stinkin early?! Tell the boys in your home to sleep in a little for petes sake! They just don't know how to rest like the ladies do...

Dana said...

i didn't know you were a writer of poetry... yet another of your impressive talents. my favorite part- overcoming his sin =) way to call it like it is =)!! i am hoping for more poetry in the future!!!

Mommy2five said...

You are so funny! This was a great morning laugh!

Unknown said...

Maybe someday you can have Aaron write a blanket poem while your at it :)

blythefamily said...

You make me laugh...I love the poem! Very creative.

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

Cute poem and you are right...it won't likely last, but it is fun for now, right?

Trudy said...

You are a poet and I did not know it, ha ha - I loved it! I love you! I was looking at summer camp pics of us the other day, I look so young and you look even younger, where does the time go, those were the good ole days!