Monday, March 30, 2009

No Pics but a Pick

This post will not have any pictures for two reasons:

#1) I couldn't take one because my hands were full, literally (I'll explain later)

#2) Aaron broke our camera today and between all the other expenses we've had lately, it will be awhile until we replace it. Sigh. So no pictures for a little bit - let me know if you happen to want to rid yourself of a camera =)

Anyway, the weather around here has been super dry and even fairly windy on and off. This creates a problem in the area of the nasal passages with very dry, crusty, boogers. Sometimes throughout the day, I can see Aaron has some situations developing and my only way to help resolve it is by picking his nose for him. I know its gross, but I feel sorry for him as it has to be uncomfortable and I'm not sure how else to get those stubborn things out. Anyway, today he was eating in his chair, and started sniffing and sort of whimpering and whining. I'm not kidding - he then said "Mama?" and grabbed my hand and wanted me to .....PICK HIS NOSE!!!! And so I did and got out a huge booger. And he smiled and then continued eating - Obviously, because he was much more comfortable without that giant thing blocking his oxygen.

I promise I wash my hands thoroughly afterwards every time.

4 comments:

Jeanetta said...

Oh my gosh, so gross! I am laughing so hard right now. Talk about service, mom. So, does that make him the kid with a silver finger up his nose? tee hee!

Tirsa Baker said...

The fact that you blog about this makes me laugh and smile. I knew we would be great friends :) Just reminds me of an old phrase... You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose. Ha! You can pick mine anytime Melissa!

Bethany said...

Stinkin' hilarious! Maybe we'll be lucky enough to witness this in action tomorrow evening.

Holly said...

That's AWESOME! I know what you mean, though. I have to admit, I do the same thing sometimes, but only the ones that are right at the opening, and you can EASILY get them! Asher doesn't like me doing it, and so I have to be lightning fast!!