Saturday, April 4, 2009

A few things about our week...

* What we at first thought was food poisoning for Lee turned out to be a wretched case of the flu that lasted 3 full days and nights. Unfortunately, Aaron ended up with it next - also 3 full days and nights (so far) with both ends going. This also resulted in him being up now for the past 4 nights for 2-4 hours at a time. I am so glad to have not gotten in yet (please God keep sparing me!) but I have to say that I AM TIRED. I am sleepy-tired as well as tired of cleaning up crap and barf. These are the times when I really hate living in a fallen world and can't wait for heaven....

*It was our last weekend and week at Red Mountain Community Church as we are heading full time to the Harvest church plant now. This has brought a lot of mixed emotions for me especially - it's hard and somewhat unnecessary to explain it all here.... For those of you we are leaving behind, we will miss you and are so grateful for our time together. For those of you coming with us, well, we love you and are ecstatic to have your prescence as we "bleed together" these next few months/years. =) Please, please, please keep us in your prayers on this endeavor..... We can't do it without them.

*My boy is becoming a super chatterbox, esp. in the car as many of you have shared with your own kids. Most often, the conversation in the car revolves around who we have just left or who we are going to see at the next destination. Keep in mind that Aaron doesn't have a ton of words in his r'epertoire still as well as quite a few made up words. This is a typical conversation:

Aaron: "Mama?"
Me: "Yes baby."
Aaron: "Dada?"
Me: "Dada is bye bye at church."
Aaron: "Papa?"
Me: "Papa is at church too."
Aaron: "aeh aeh?" (with his chest out - this means he wants to "go" be with whoever he is talking about)
Me: "No honey. We have to go home now - Daddy will come home soon" or "We can go to Papa's house later."
Aaron: "Papa?"
Me: "Papa is bye bye at church."
Aaron: "Papa?"
Me: "Papa is bye bye."
Aaron: "Bo?" (This is referencing the fountain in my parents' backyard - all water is "Bo.")
Me: "The Bo is at Papa's and we are going home."
Aaron: "Dada?"

Sometimes I try ignoring him at this point because we are going round in circles. It is all I can do to keep from bursting out laughing because he says "Mama? Mama? Mama? Mama? Mama?" UNTIL I answer him. In which I respond, "Yes baby." And the questions about Papa, Dada, or the "Bo" continue....

3 comments:

Tirsa Baker said...

Does he say "Mamma, mamma, mamma" like Stewart?

Mommy2five said...

There is a piece of me aching for all of you and the road that lies ahead! PLEASE keep in touch!!!! I will miss you dearly!

Jeanetta said...

Ha! I love these circular conversations. It makes me wonder if they are even listening when I answer or do they have the memory of a goldfish or is it their inability to judge the passage of time like, "Well, about 5 seconds has passed. Maybe the situation has changed by now."