Sunday, April 11, 2010

Moving on Up

This past week, my little boy started a new phase in a big boy bed.

Some dear friends had a twin they were not using, and gave it to us. Aaron has loved it and it honestly has been a fairly uneventful change, in a good way. The only thing that seems to cause him stress is when his covers are messed up in the night, as he is quite anal. I hear a call "Mama! Can't fix it! Help you!" Most people probably think he is quite old at over two and a half to be just now getting out of his crib, but most of the advice that I got was to not move him out until necessary.....

Which brings me to my to next point - For all you non-facebookers, come November 8th, we are due for another Stephenson in the family! So in a few months, the crib will be back in use. I am feeling pretty poorly these past few weeks - but since it is always difficult for us to not only get pregnant, but also to keep a pregnancy, we are grateful for the growing and so far, thriving little miracle that God has blessed us with. At least, STAY THANKFUL is what I tell myself as I hang over the toilet. =)

4 comments:

Tirsa Baker said...

You guys are the best! Hang in there and keep trucking!

Dana said...

congrats =) i couldn't believe we were sharing a due date either- how fun is that??!! sorry about the toilet.... =) love your perspective though.

how awesome the bed transition went smoothly- that never happens it seems. way to go Aaron!

Danielle said...

I didn't know you had lost a baby Melissa. Wow. What a painful experience. I'm so excited for this new little one and glad that things are going well. God Bless!

Kristie said...

I keep looking at Aaron in the bed trying to figure out if he's really small or if the bed is humongous. For some reason it looks so big to me! ;-)

And congrats once again on the toilet hugging -- and on a positive attitude on top of it all. Aaron doesn't get a kitty, but he'll grow to love baby even more. =)