Monday, November 8, 2010

Birth and Homecoming of Noel Joy

Our sweet Noel Joy arrived November 5th at 3:04 P.M. weighing in at 7 lbs, 7 oz. For anyone who is interested, I will tell the delivery story at the bottom of this post.....


Aaron meeting Noel for the first time with Papa Bob. He couldn't wait to hold her BY HIMSELF.
Family of 4!



My cousin Julie had her baby boy Lincoln on November 2nd.....
So fun to have these babies together and introduce them to each other!
Okay, the delivery story.... On Thurs. night, I had contractions on and off all night - nothing hard core or consistent. I was awake and lying in bed Friday morning still having a few, and around 6:30 am, I felt a little pop and a trickle. I popped out of bed pretty sure my water had broken and ran to the bathroom so it wouldn't get everywhere. I woke Lee up and we packed up and left for the hospital, while my mom came and got Aaron. At the hospital, they confirmed that my water had indeed broken, so they admitted me. But I wasn't really dialating very much or quickly so they decided to put me on potocin to keep things moving. As the potocin did its job and the contractions intensified and got more painful, I went for my epidural, which was great. At about 2:30, I was complete so they called the doctor and after about 5 pushes, she was out! I couldn't believe how easy it was! Compared to my labor with Aaron and all the pushing I had to do, I looked at Lee and said, "that was it?" =) My body has recovered quickly and easily, which has been a real blessing....

We are loving our family of 4 and easing into new routines. Aaron seems to really love his baby sister - I asked him one night when putting him to bed if he was sad at all to have Noel at home and he replied, "No mama, I'm happy! I love Baby Noel!"

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all these details. I enjoyed hearing about your experience, and I'm so happy to hear that it went so well! (It actually reminded me a lot of my birthing experience.) We're looking forward to meeting beautiful Noel and congratulating the big bro! =)