Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First Word

It's sort of funny.... Aaron knows a lot of words when we say them (like if we say shoes or ball, he'll go get them) but he never has seemed very interested in repeating them back. Oddly enough, the one word he seems to enjoy saying quite often over the past two weeks is........... (drum roll please).........

HOT

??????? Really. Not mama or dada, or ice cream or dog - just the constant temperature around here: hot. He likes to say it everytime we put him in his carseat, cook something in the microwave, or when he watches Grandma Debbe use the deep fat fryer. He seems to understand the concept of it too - though sometimes he'll say it when he doesn't want to eat something I put on his tray. (Clever huh? "Maybe Mom won't make me eat this if I claim it's hot.") Or he'll say it if he doesn't like the feel of something - like he has had the flu all weekend and after an "episode" of filling his pants, he looked at us and whined "Hot." =) Poor kid! Anyway, I don't know that I have ever heard of this being a little boy's first word, but I guess when you live in Arizona, you do hear it a lot. He's such a funny kid!
(p.s. The only other word/phrase that he repeats after we say it is "Papa Bob." I think that makes my dad quite proud =) )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a unique first word :) I'm know you'll never forget that one! Makes you wonder what else he has in store for you!!

Sara said...

that is a crazy first word...Griffin's first word that he actually used in the right context was "kitty cat." McKenna was normal and said da-da...too much fun. Now just wait until he becomes a little bird and repeats everything you say :)