Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Morning Runs and Jogging Strollers

Since my baby likes to get up between 5:45 and 6:15 every morning (sigh....), I've had to look on the bright side that we've been able to beat the 100 degree temperatures Phoenix is still having and go out for morning runs. Aaron loves to be outside now and is very content as we run along. My generous friend Suzy gave me her old jogging stroller that she no longer used and I love it. If you like to run or walk outside regularly with your little one, they are totally worth the investment (which because I am so cheap, I don't know that I would have realized it without someone giving me one =) ). A regular stroller is much more awkward and they just can't handle the same wear and tear....
We have all kinds of sights and adventures when we are out. (Last week we got to call 911 for a man's car that caught on fire while he was driving!) Most recently we've been trying to time our outings to meet up with our cousins, Julie, Noah, and Caleb at a nearby park and fishing pond.

Noah does not like to stop and dilly-dally for silly pictures. =) It is fun to rest and walk with them for a few laps and chit chat before moving on with our busy days.

4 comments:

Tirsa Baker said...

I wannna play!!! I have a little sleeper on my hands though. Last night he woke up at 1am and then not until 7:30 so I would have missed you guys. Soon though I hope!

Tanya said...

Melissa, I know what you mean as far as strollers go not early risers :) I would love to meet up with you sometime at whatever park it is! So we both got the car seat stroller system but now I am looking at buying or asking for a sit and stand stroller. Since I have been watching Caitlyn the single stroller just doesn't work with 2 kids. Why not invest when I will be using it all the time? The only thing is which brand and do I want a single or double? Too many options for someone that thinks way too much about everything! :)

Dana said...

i have had two different jogging strollers and hated them both! so its good you found one you like. i hope aaron realizes how lucky he is getting a free and fast ride!

Katie said...

Hey! So I have been running and I am finally back up to some decent mileage. There is a race November 9th 10k want in? It can prepare us for the Rock n Roll. I need my running partner again, just knowing you are running is a motivator for me!