Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Preparations

Since we are a bit late to find out what we were having, I have felt a sense of urgency in getting ready for this little girl to be born into our family. Even though I am only 29 weeks, and I technically have lots of time, I still want to get things done while I can! I am steering clear of buying much right now, but had to give in to this clearance item at Gymboree.....

This "little girl shopping" is a whole new world for us, and quite fun. Many people ask me if I wanted a girl or wanted another boy, and when I was first pregnant, I would have said I wanted another boy. But as time has worn on and my intuition kept saying it was a girl, I have found my heart really changing and getting excited about a girl. By the morning of the ultra sound, I realized that I might actually be disappointed if it was not a girl, something I never expected to feel!

At any rate, it is also nice to begin prepping Aaron more specifically for the coming change. I know he is still in for somewhat of a rude awakening, but I think he has some genuine excitement for a coming sister. So we are beginning to empty out our extra room and pull out some of the baby stuff.... Aaron decided his monkey needed to try out the baby swing.
Also, we seem to have settled on a name....

One other thing we are preparing for is school. Aaron will be attending the same preschool where my mom has taught at for 20+ years, Trinity Preschool. He got to meet his teacher last week and so far, so good! =) Here he is proudly displaying his t-shirt....
It will only be one morning a week and is mostly for social purposes, but another big step for my big boy!

1 comment:

Tirsa Baker said...

Those shoes are so cute. Aaron will be a great brother!