Friday, July 11, 2008

Florida trip

Okay, lots of pictures on this one - Aaron and I got to spend the past week in Fort Myers, Florida. Lee's parents graciously offered to fly us down there to visit them while Lee was taking the college group to Belize on a missions trip. Lee's parents as well as Lee's sister, Heidi, and her husband, Spencer, have only recently moved to Florida so we had never visited there before. It was a great time and I am so glad we were able to go - I had some anxiety about how Aaron would handle being on a plane for so long, esp. going by myself with him. We've all seen and heard the kids that scream the whole time on a plane and are total wrecks, and I definitely did not want Aaron to be "that kid." But God was good and Aaron was a super traveler, especially as Mommy had lots of snacks, little toys, and some Benadryl... =)

So of course, visiting grandparents and an aunt and uncle that Aaron doesn't see regularly leads to lots of spoiling.... I think he had ice cream almost everyday, if not twice a day.
And of course, every spoiled kid gets presents....
"See what I got everyone??? My first remote control car!"Helping Aunt Heidi and Uncle Spencer make some dessert, which of course, included more ice cream.
Of course, we went to the beach and it was super fun - Aaron had never been to a beach before and I had never seen the Gulf.
Aaron loved the water and wasn't scared at all, both when we held him and put him down near the edge....
He always seemed to get a little flustered by the sand sticking to his hands and feet though =)
The weather sure is crazy over there, especially for a desert rat like me. I reasoned that there was no point in showering in the morning since as soon as you went outside, it felt like you were wet all over again. Everyone kept insisting you get used to it, but I think I'm partial to my dry Arizona heat. But it was pretty cool - like clock-work, there was a thunderstorm every afternoon and that brought some relief....So all in all, we had a great time! Now we are looking forward to having Lee home tomorrow night - I will try to make him do a post with pictures also of his trip....

4 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm glad you had a great time! I love Flordia. And there's nothing better than being spoiled by everyone on a trip.

Emily said...

Thanks Melissa! I am really excited too, started to get a little worried about funds...but giving it all to God and knowing that if this is what I am really supposed to be doing than He will work it all out! Your little boy is TOO cute!! I love you and miss you guys...I'm gonna have to find time someday to come visit you guys, before that little one graduates from high school or something..LOL!

Trudy said...

How fun Melis, that was sure nice of them to fly you out! How cool that Heidi is married, I did not know that! I am so glad you had a fun visit with the in laws and I am sure it was easier than sitting at home missing Lee. Love you!

Dana said...

i didn't know you were being all crazy and flying across the country. glad you got to go be distracted too =). florida is fun- but that humidity- yuck!