Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Twins

Tonight, Lee and I took care of my niece Brynn while Brad and Tanya went out on a date. I will say that I really don't know how people manage to keep a semi-clean house with the whole twin thing, but we did have lots of fun with them....It is so funny and interesting to me to watch them interact and really take notice of each other, as well as notice the major differences between boys and girls. For example, Brynn was in love with all of Aaron's stuffed animals and carried them around everywhere with her - they were all over our house....
She especially liked Aaron's big tiger, though she was a little uncertain of it at first - and she kept saying "dog" when she would get close to it.... Ha ha!


I think I spent half the night trying to get a decent picture of the two of them at least both looking at me. I didn't realize how impossible that would be. I finally stuck both of them in the crib to see if that would help and it was still hard....

I think this was one of the better ones I got.... Sheesh. Anyway, it was the first time we had had both kids together on our own, and it was very fun - and I really do think they enjoyed being together too.

7 comments:

Sara said...

I am sure you were exhausted after that night...but looks like you had fun...and I gave up on cleaning when McKenna became mobile... :)

Kristie said...

Everyone looks like they're having fun! They're both so cute. They're at a really fun age for interaction too. Good job Aunt Melissa!

Tousley's said...

These are so cute! You look pretty in the top picture. How fun that they are so close in age.

Tanya said...

I love the top picture with you, Aaron, and Brynn!
Brynn and stuffed animals...I don't understand it but it doesn't bother me:)
No kidding! It is hard to get a picture of both of them looking at you at the same time!
I just want to say thank you for watching Brynn and being such a great Aunt! She loves you guys.

Lil' Chip said...

u look so perdy in that top pic!!!

Betsy said...

It really does give a new respect for people who do have twins. Lord knew I couldn't do it. Having my kids 3 to 4 years apart was still hard for me. Looked like you had a fun time though and it will be fun to see them grow up together.

Trudy said...

So precious!! I bet this reminds your parents of when you all were little growing us with your cousins! How cool that you guys can sit for each other to go on dates!! Keep it up! Love you!
Breanna is now reading Redeeming Love!