Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

A few of the highlights in terms of Aaron's gifts:
A tricycle from Great Gi Gi and Papa Ken (my grandparents)....
Cousin Brynn got a matching pink and purple one too.
A wonderful, extremely life-like Dirt Devil kid's vacuum; as you can well imagine, Aaron is heaven with this toy. (Yay for Target's Christmas Eve clearance - only $7!)
This gift is for Lee and my benefit as well.... They call it a bear buddy, but let's be honest - it's a leash for a child.
Thanks Grandma Debbe and Papa Bob =) (We can't wait to get the sandbox up and running from them as well!)

And of course, the police car from GG and Grandpa Tim.... Often we can't decide if we want to play with this or the vacuum.
Oh yes, and I can't forget - we had a white elephant gift exchange amongst my cousins and Lee ended up with a "Talking Jesus" doll. Aaron is somewhat intrigued, yet also creeped out at this bearded figure who quotes Bible verses when his back is pressed. I stuck it in the back of the police car and told Aaron to be sure to "take Jesus wherever he goes." I was laughing so hard at my own joke and Aaron was just smiling up at me wondering why is mom is so very odd and easily amused....
It just looks so funny to me.
We hope you all had a very merry Christmas! As we enjoyed the day and pondered on this past year with our son, we are in constant awe of the sacrifice God made for US in sending His own one and only son to earth to ultimately die for us. This is TRULY the best gift of all and we eagerly pray and await the day that Aaron will grasp and recognize this great truth for himself.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 comments:

Tirsa Baker said...

Oh I am glad we are your friends and are going on this adventure with you guys! Please keep that doll forever...

Bethany said...

Okay, that is absolutely hilarious. You know you and I have the same sense of humor, so I am DYING laughing at that right now. Awesome.

Adrienne Gibson said...

Ryland got the SAME vacuum cleaner. and he LOVES IT!!!!

Herrman's said...

Something even more funny-Aaron needs to get the complete set of talking dolls - there is a John the Baptist and a Moses! Serious, there is.. it's creepy and funny all at the same time:)
love
Sarah