Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Officially, a Two Year Old



In honor of the occassion, a poem:


The little baby we brought home
Has now become two years of age
A blessing and gift from the very start
Who has brought us much joy in each stage

I can’t believe you are two
It seems to have gone by so fast
Though I must say
There were many days
That simply seemed to last
So very loooooooooooong….
I think this is because your personality and will are so strong
I’m told it’s a good thing if I learn to cultivate it right
Which no doubt would be easier if you let me sleep at night

You are so much fun to watch each day
As you explore and learn in your own little way
Pointing out everything in the room that’s “BLUE!”
Trying to avoid me after you go poo poo

Tools, firetrucks, Papa’s garage, and guitars,
Seem to bring such joy to your soul
Wanting to know how everything is made and works
Inquiring often how Baby Owen came out of Auntie Tanya’s “hole”

Your made up words for people and things
Are always a challenge to translate
Going into the nursery at church
Seems to always be something you will HATE

Training and discipline seem now to be
The constant focus of our days
Lovingly teaching and correcting you
In our own imperfect state

Words can’t describe the depth of our love
That we have for you inside
And all that we have learned about ourselves
As we overcome selfishness, fear, and pride

For you we have prayed and God heard our prayer
And gave us you to raise
Thank you, Oh Lord, for this little boy
We offer You our thanks and praise


Happy Birthday Aaron! We love you!

6 comments:

Rilie Dee Photography said...

Melissa you are so cute,I love your poem! Aaron has such a great mommy!

Bethany said...

Eli says Happy Birthday to Aaron!!

Tirsa Baker said...

This is just no ordinary poem now that we discuss childbearing in it. Oh Aaron, you make me laugh!

Tanya said...

Great poem! I especially love the part with poo poo and Auntie Tanya's "hole" thanks now the whole world will want to know what that means :) haha

Kristie said...

I never knew you were such a poet! I read the poem to Lily and we both loved it! Happy birthday Aaron! =)

Jeanetta said...

This is great! Although I can't believe you "outed" Tanya's hole! Ha ha ha ha!