Monday, July 20, 2009

Two sides

We had one of those weeks that could be summed up as follows:


So in summary, lots of unhappiness as well as continuing to refuse to stay in the nursery at church (what kind of pastor's kid is he???), waking up and staying awake in the middle of the night, etc. This is just a stressful season in the life of our little family with our church plant and I also realize that someone is definitely about to turn two. But it was just one of those weeks where you wonder if you are going to make it and if you are doing anything right as a mom....

Fortunately, it is a new week and we've already squeezed in some happier moments....


If he becomes a Christian soon, maybe he will be a future worship pastor??? =) Anyway, SO grateful that God's mercies are new every morning, and for the gift that this little boy truly is. STILL. =) Though he could work on a few things.... =)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! He's just missing GiGi! :)

Herrman's said...

I love my little buddy. I will miss Sunday nights and hanging out with him, as we play the Dada, Mama,Papa, Hey game :)

Mommy2five said...

you know it just gets better from here...hahahaha! No seriously, I wish I could say there was an easy fix, but time will bring maturity. I LOVE the guitar video, precious!

Bethany said...

Well, I hope it made you feel better (or normal) to see the fit Eli threw when we left church on Sunday. ha ha! The tantrums get fewer and farther between, but they still happen, and now we're dealing with "attitude." Yesterday Eli told me "he just likes daddy instead." Isn't it nice when they are old enough to share joyful thoughts like that with you? There's nothing like being loved! :)

Bling for the King said...

You are an awesome Mom and are probably getting your stressful parenting out now instead of later. That is all I've got for great parenting wisdom=)

Trudy said...

Simply precious!!!! You are a great Mommy Melis!!!!! Love you! Those video's bring back such memories of my little Jared. Who now is driving his very own truck!

Tousley's said...

Oh man...that was great. I'm pretty sure that he looked a lot like you when you are immitating Jen. Ha! "Does anyone have any snacks...hmmmph."